Command & Conquer fans can rejoice as EA is about to offer up a huge collection for a very affordable price.
Seventeen years and 17 games after the release of the first title, Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) today announced Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection, a compilation of all 17 games that have made this series the #1 selling real-time strategy franchise of all time. Available later this fall for $49.99 USD, Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection will not only give fans a chance to re-experience all three award-winning universes – the epic clash between the GDI and Nod in Tiberium, the alternate Cold War of the Red Alert series and the modern warfare in Generals – but will also give them early access to the upcoming beta for the new Frostbite™ 2 powered Command & Conquer, coming in 2013.
“As long time fans of the Command & Conquer franchise, we are excited to be able to help celebrate the legacy of the series with this compilation. Our passion for this fantastic portfolio is helping drive us as we deliver the next great Command & Conquer experience next year”
“As long time fans of the franchise, we are excited to be able to help celebrate the legacy of the series with this compilation. Our passion for this fantastic portfolio is helping drive us as we deliver the next great Command & Conquer experience next year,” said Jon Van Caneghem, Vice President and General Manager, Electronic Arts.
This incredible value is now available to pre-order and includes all 17 classic Command & Conquer games which have been updated for Windows® 7 and Windows Vista. In the United States, Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection will be available online and at retail with the following:
- Redeemable download code for all 17 Command & Conquer titles on Origin™, including:
- Command & Conquer™
- Command & Conquer™ The Covert Operations™
- Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™
- Command & Conquer Red Alert™ Counterstrike™
- Command & Conquer Red Alert™ The Aftermath™
- Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™
- Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™ Firestorm™
- Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2
- Command & Conquer Red Alert™ Yuri’s Revenge™
- Command & Conquer Renegade™
- Command & Conquer™ Generals
- Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour
- Command & Conquer™ 3 Tiberium Wars™
- Command & Conquer™ 3 Kane’s Wrath
- Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3
- Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3 Uprising
- Command & Conquer™ 4 Tiberian Twilight
- Best of Command & Conquer music compilation
- Exclusive commemorative art*
- Early access to the next Command & Conquer experience
The Command & Conquer real-time strategy series has broken new ground in the genre over the last 17 years and 17 games by combining fast, fluid and fun action with cerebral and strategic gameplay. The franchise has also recently launched the browser-based, free-to-play Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances (http://TiberiumAlliances.com), which recently surpassed over one million registered players. Up next for fans is the new free-to-play game and platform, Command & Conquer. Coming in 2013, Command & Conquer will be an online destination for fans of the franchise and will deliver a high-quality, AAA real-time strategy experience, with high octane action and amazing visuals powered by Frostbite 2.
Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection will be available for the PC in October 2012.