Wizardry is back and we have all the information and screenshots right here!
SAN DIEGO – Jan. 30, 2013 – Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that Wizardry Online, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) rebirth of the classic fantasy franchise, is now available for PC players in North America and Europe. This free-to-play game offers new players and franchise veterans a fully re-imagined Wizardry game that stays true to the franchise’s trademark features: hardcore gameplay, intense difficulty, party-based combat and permadeath — where when you’re dead… you stay dead!
“Wizardry Online is the most hardcore fantasy MMORPG ever created,” said Todd Carson, Senior Producer, Sony Online Entertainment. “The difficulty level is insane and delivers a challenging, immersive free-to-play experience that today’s players want and demand, while also capturing the true essence and heritage of the Wizardry franchise that players and fans have come to know and love over the past 30 years.”
Developed by Gamepot Inc., Wizardry Online challenges players to earn levels in a world of devastating dungeons where crimes taint their souls and the threat of permadeath a single mistake away. With deadly traps, mind-bending riddles and enemies at every turn, players will choose either a life of hardcore adventuring, collecting items and raising money, or the criminal life of taking their fortune by force.
Wizardry Online features include:
- Lost System: Not even death is easy in Wizardry Online. Players will need to donate to revive themselves — and a poor donation runs the risk of failure. If they are unsuccessful twice, their character will vanish, said to be “Lost” and become unplayable forever. The player’s experience will be noted on the Soul (account), allowing for an easier start for the next character.
- Massive Dungeons: The game’s dungeons present a variety of traps and powerful monsters for those who dare to invade their territory.
- Skill Customization: Players can customize characters by combining skills from current or previous classes. With Wizardry Online‘s skill heredity system, players can create a fighter who can heal or a mage to steal items from monsters.
- Bounty Hunt System: In addition to monsters, players will try to kill and rob other players for rare items. Such players are deemed Criminals and may attack anywhere and at any time. Players may offer a bounty such as gold for the death of any criminal and other players will compete to bring that character down.
- Familiar Races: The game offers a variety of races known from previous Wizardry games, including humans, elves, porkuls, gnomes and dwarves. These races have different advantages towards weapons and skills.
Wizardry Online is now available as a “Free to Play. Your Way.™” game to all PC players in North America and Europe (optional content is available for purchase).