The best-selling console real-time strategy (RTS) of all time is back! Halo Wars 2 is an action-packed RTS on the biggest Halo battlefield ever. Get ready to lead armies of Spartans and other “Halo” fighting forces like Warthogs, Scorpions, and exciting new units in a brutal war against a terrifying new enemy, The Banished.
The Return of the Spirit of Fire: Experience a riveting campaign which reintroduces the Spirit of Fire to the current “Halo” timeline, as Captain Cutter and his crew fight a dangerous new enemy intent on conquering the galaxy. Brought to life through detailed in-game graphics and the cinematic artistry of Blur Studio, the story of “Halo Wars 2” dives straight into the chaotic state of the “Halo” universe directly after the events of “Halo 5: Guardians.”
The Dawn of Atriox: “Halo Wars 2” introduces a new menacing villain to the “Halo” universe – Atriox, the leader of a violent, mercenary force known as The Banished. The Banished bring many classic “Halo” alien weapons of war to the battlefield with an explosive new redesign, making them more brutal and deadly than anything the UNSC has ever encountered in their battles with the Covenant.
The Biggest “Halo” Battlefield Ever: “Halo Wars 2” takes place on the mythical Ark, the largest, most mysterious and most powerful installation ever created by the Forerunners. The Ark was first introduced in “Halo 3,” where the Master Chief learned that it is the literal birthplace of the series’ eponymous Halo rings. Now players will have a chance to fight to control that power for themselves.
A New Kind of Strategy: “Halo Wars” redefined the real-time strategy (RTS) genre on consoles and “Halo Wars 2” is set to take that evolution even further with a hybrid of action-oriented and classic tactical gameplay modes. Veteran developer Creative Assembly (“Total War: Rome II, Total War: Shogun 2”) brings decades of RTS experience to the “Halo” universe and delivers a game which will be action-packed fun for players new to strategy games and deeply challenging and rewarding for RTS experts.
Multiplayer Gameplay Modes Include:
- Skirmish (Solo and Online Multiplayer Co-op): Test your battle strategies against a range of AI difficulty levels. Fight across all the environments and multiplayer game modes with as many AI and co-op friends (or enemies!) as each mode will allow.
- Strongholds (Online Multiplayer): Strongholds is a fast-paced game mode where the objective is to capture and control the most bases when the round’s timer stops. Players will start off with a pre-built base and pool of resources to quickly deploy troops, and capturing a base increases the total amount of forces a player can control.
- Domination (Online Multiplayer): In Domination, build your base, build your army, and battle for control of the map and supremacy of the Ark! Take control of distinct nodes on the map and hold them long enough to win the game. There’s no time limit and a match will end when one player has held enough nodes to get the enemy counter down to zero.
- Deathmatch (Online Multiplayer): In Deathmatch you’ll plan and build your base and army, but instead of fighting for map control you’ll fight until only one team remains standing. Outthink and outflank your opponents, then have a celebratory barbecue on the smoking remains of their home bases.
- Blitz (Solo and Online Multiplayer): An all-new multiplayer mode that is an exciting addition to the “Halo Wars” series with a unique approach to RTS gameplay. More details to be released in fall 2016.
Many More Wars to Come: The launch of “Halo Wars 2” is just the beginning of the war on the Ark and this amazing new chapter in “Halo” and real-time strategy history. The “Halo Wars 2” Season Pass offers incredible value for fans extending long after launch, with more than six months of regular updates, including: new Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer battles, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, a new campaign expansion with exclusive missions, and even more content to be announced soon.
…And a Chance to Go Back to the Beginning: “Halo Wars: Definitive Edition” is an enhanced version of the original “Halo Wars” that runs natively on Xbox One and Windows 10. This version features improved graphics, additional Achievements, and includes all of the downloadable content created for the classic real-time strategy game and is available to anyone who purchases the “Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition”.
Price1: Standard Edition: $59.99 USD
Ultimate Edition: $79.99 USD
Season Pass: $29.99 USD (also included in Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition)
February 21, 2017
- “Halo Wars 2” delivers real-time strategy at the speed of Halo Get ready to lead Spartans, Warthogs and other classic “Halo” fighting forces in a brutal war against a terrifying new enemy on the biggest “Halo” battlefield ever.
- Prepare yourself for war with the “Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition.” Download and start playing “Halo Wars 2” on February 17, 2017, four days before the game’s standard release date.
- The “Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition” includes:
- “Halo Wars 2” – Early Access
- Play “Halo Wars 2” four days early.
- “Halo Wars 2 Season Pass” token
- “Halo Wars: Definitive Edition” token
- Experience an enhanced version of the original “Halo Wars,” including all of its downloadable content, running natively on Xbox One and Windows 10.
- “Halo Wars 2” – Early Access
1 Actual retail prices may vary.
2 Online multiplayer requires Xbox Live Gold subscription (sold separately).