New York, NY – July 14, 2016 – 2K today announced plans for the NXT® Edition of WWE 2K17, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Limited to 50,000 copies worldwide, the offering will celebrate the explosive growth and popularity of NXT, WWE’s global brand best known for creating and developing the company’s emerging Superstars. The WWE 2K17 NXT Edition will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, as well as Xbox One, at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of $99.99.
The WWE 2K17 NXT Edition will include the following items:
- Copy of WWE 2K17 video game;
- Exclusive premium packaging;
- NXT Enhancement Pack:
- Playable NXT Superstars: Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews;
- 50 percent more points at NXT in MyCareer;
- Exclusive Canvas 2 Canvas lithograph designed by WWE artist Rob Schamberger and autographed by NXT Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura;
- Exclusive eight-inch “Demon” Finn Bálor collectible figurine;
- Exclusive Topps NXT TakeOver: London Mat Relics Card:
- Each card will include a piece of authentic ring canvas from the event;
- Each card will feature one of 14 featured Superstars from event;
- Each Superstar’s card will have one of 10 different rarity levels;
- Goldberg Pack: access to two playable versions of legendary WCW® and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW MondayNitro and Halloween Havoc arenas.
“NXT has quickly transformed into WWE’s third global brand alongside Raw and SmackDown,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative. “The WWE 2K17 NXT Edition is the perfect way to share the passion and enthusiasm of NXT with our fans around the world.”
“From its impressive roster to palpable live event energy, NXT is an unmistakable force responsible for helping drive WWE’s current business and bright future,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “The brand absolutely deserves an NXT Edition for WWE 2K17, and this comprehensive offering of exclusive collectibles and in-game content is a must-have for any WWE or NXT fan.”
Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K17 is not yet rated by the ESRB. WWE 2K17 is currently scheduled for worldwide release on the PS4™ and PS3™ systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October 11, 2016. Consumers who pre-orderWWE 2K17 at any participating retailer will receive two playable Bill Goldberg characters, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas, at no extra cost on launch day. For more information on WWE 2K17 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #WWE2K17 or subscribe on YouTube.
2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.