For a long time, over-the-air television has remained the same. You turn to your favourite channel and watch whatever is on at the time. Tablo instantly changes the whole experience offering an OTA DVR that allows you to pause, rewind, and record all your favourite shows straight from your HDTV antenna.
Tablo is a next-generation DVR that connects to your HDTV antenna to let you discover, record, and stream free broadcast TV programs. Watch, pause and record live HDTV programs from Tablo using your iPad, Android tablet, laptop, or smartphone or on your big screen TV through streaming media devices like Roku, Chromecast, AppleTV, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV. With Tablo, cord cutters can watch free local HDTV broadcast programs on any device, anytime, anywhere in the world without the expense or commitment of a cable or satellite contract.
Tablo is a DVR for Over-The-Air (OTA) television which is available free in most cities and towns across North America to anyone with an HDTV antenna. Tablo is designed for cord cutters – people who have discontinued cable or satellite TV service – and enables users to browse, record and stream OTA programming on a variety of devices including tablets, smartphones, computers and of course televisions with the aid of an HDMI-connected streaming media device.
Tablo consists of a small hardware unit to which you connect an HDTV antenna and a USB Hard Drive. Accompanying free apps (iOS, Android, web, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Roku) provide the interface. The device comes in 2-tuner and 4-tuner variants.
Key features are:
- Costs less than 3 months of the average cable bill ($219.99)
- Guide data subscription costs less than Netflix ($4.99/month)
- Enables viewing of live and recorded television programming with pause, 20 second rewind and 30 second skip capabilities
- Schedule Tablo to record a single program, an entire series or just new episodes
- Browse programming by genre, channel or time slot or use the search feature to find exactly the program you’re looking for
- Stream live and recorded programs to your big screen TV via AppleTV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast or HDMI- enabled computers using the web app
- Unlike other OTA DVR systems that can only be hardwired directly to your network router, Tablo includes an optional WiFi connection so it can be placed where your antenna receives the best reception
- Stream video on up to 6 devices simultaneously (depending on the quality of your home network)
- Receive full series and episode synopses as well as beautiful cover art in the Netflix-style programming guide
Tablo apps include:
- iPad Tablet App – Requires iPad2 and iOS 7+
- iPhone App
- Android Tablet & Smartphone app – Requires Android 4.1+
- Roku Channel – Search for ‘Tablo’ within the channel store
- Android TV app – Compatible with Nvidia Shield and Google Nexus players as well as Smart TVs running the Android TV OS
- Amazon Fire TV app – Compatible with both box and sticks
- Apple TV app – Compatible with 4th Generation Apple TV hardware
- LG webOS 2.0 SmartTV App – Compatible with most LG Smart TVs running webOS 2.0
- Web App – Optimized for Google Chrome or Safari browsers (tablotv.com)
Tablo also offers an Add-On for open-source media player Kodi.
All apps are available at www.TabloTV.com/apps
Tablo is available now!