LOS ANGELES, CA – December 19, 2016 – Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games today announced that it will be bringing the six original 8-bit Mega Man® games to iOS and Android devices in early January, just missing the Blue Bombers birthday by a few weeks. This is the first time all six of the original 8-bit Mega Man games have been made available on smart devices, 29 years since Mega Man first exploded onto the console scene.
These lovingly-crafted adaptations will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made the Blue Bomber such a popular and iconic character. Each game has been optimized for the mobile devices with adjustments to game speed. Each game will be available separately for $1.99.
The Games Releasing Include:
- Mega Man® Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man® 2 Mobile – Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way. ·
- Mega Man® 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man® 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears – Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man® 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man® 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe – the enigmatic Mr. X!