MAPLEWOOD, N.J. – May 3, 2017 – Independent developer Saber Interactive has confirmed that NBA Playgrounds will be available on May 9 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and Windows PC (Steam) as a digital-only release for $19.99. Yes, next week!
Classic NBA arcade action is back! Take your “A” game to the playground and beat the best in high-flying 2-on-2 basketball action. Play as NBA superstars and legends from the past, including Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Steph Curry and Shaquille O’Neal.
- Up your Game! Features a progression system to unlock real NBA players. Uncover new moves for each player as you upgrade their experience.
- Tournaments and Online Play. Play solo, with friends in local and online multiplayer, or against the world in online tournaments.
- Lottery Pick System. The lottery pick system introduces a new twist to the game by rewarding great play with unique rewards.
- Massive Roster of NBA Superstars. Current and retired ballers from all the official NBA teams will be available at launch. Hundreds more NBA superstars will be added post-launch.
- Over-the-top Moves. Timing is key, whether you’re shooting 3-pointers, pulling off major dunks, showing off your finger-roll game, or defying analytics and winning with long 2-pointers.
NBA Playgrounds is rated E (Everyone) by the ESRB and PEGI 3+. For more information, visit www.nbaplaygrounds.game, like NBAPlaygrounds on Facebook, and follow @NBA_Playgrounds on Twitter. NBA Playgrounds is published by Mad Dog.