NEW YORK, NY (DECEMBER 14, 2018) – Atari®, one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and interactive entertainment producers, today brings their most comprehensive collection of arcade and home console classics for Nintendo Switch with the release of Atari® Flashback Classics. Available now through the Nintendo eShop and at retail, Atari Flashback Classics is packed with 150 fan-favorite Atari games, including Asteroids®, Centipede®, and Missile Command®, all with additional content and online features!
For the first time ever, Atari Flashback Classics is available on Nintendo Switch! Dive into the legendary publisher’s iconic library of games — with titles from the Atari 2600 and Atari 5200 home consoles, along with former arcade exclusives. Atari Flashback Classics features support for all-new local achievements, leaderboards, and social features to bring players together just like in the olden days. An archive of classic artwork rounds out the package to make Atari Flashback Classics a must-have for enthusiasts and collectors!
Atari Flashback Classics is designed to take advantage of the Nintendo Switch’s unique controls and functionality to bring new life to beloved games. Up to four-player local multiplayer and two-player online is available as well on a per title basis.
Key Features Include:
- 150 Classic Atari 2600, 5200 and Arcade Games: Play seminal Atari titles including Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, Tempest®, Warlords®, and many more.
- Online and Local Multiplayer: Battle for arcade supremacy against friends online or at home.
- Online Leaderboards: Compare your high scores with players from around the world.
- Nintendo Switch Functionality: Designed to take advantage of the Nintendo Switch’s greatest features.
- Brand New User-Interface: New User-Interface designed to re-create the greatest classic arcade experience.
Developed by Code Mystics, Atari Flashback Classics is now available for purchase through the Nintendo eShop for $39.99 USD. Atari Flashback Classics is rated E for Everyone for Mild Cartoon Violence and Simulated Gambling.