At the start of the pandemic, you may have felt like you had an endless supply of entertainment at your fingertips. After all, having time away from work and no longer needing to commute meant that we had more time on our hands than ever before. However, as time goes on, you may feel as though you have run out of ways to keep yourself entertained, meaning that you are on the lookout for something new.
With that in mind, here are some easy ways to beat boredom and have fun while staying at home!
- Challenge yourself to remain active, whether that means you get involved in a new sports activity such as running or cycling or follow along with online workouts. Though this may not seem like an attractive entertainment source initially, exercise helps your body release endorphins – meaning it can lift your mood significantly.
- Give yourself a boost of nostalgia by replaying your favorite vintage games from your childhood or teenage years. Alternatively, you could also check out spin-off games from your favorite franchises.
- Check out mobile gaming apps that present you with new and unique challenges, as opposed to playing the same games over and over again. For example, apps such as PlayEdge give you the opportunity to accumulate coins whenever you play a game – which can then be used to gain real-life prizes, such as Amazon vouchers. This is a great way to feel productive while having fun – making it a win-win situation.
- Host an online gaming tournament with your friends and family. Far better than a simple zoom quiz, this allows you to bring a new level of competition into digital catch-ups, especially if you allocate a prize for the winner. It can also be a great way to catch up with friends and family you haven’t spoken to in a little while.
- Bring an extra layer of entertainment to your daily walks by finding a new podcast to listen to. This is a great way to learn more about your favorite topics and make you a little more motivated to spend time outdoors.
- Host an online movie night with a twist. For example, you could encourage each participant to come dressed as a specific character. Alternatively, you could find a way to turn watching a movie into a fun game – for example, if you’re looking to (responsibly) enjoy a drink while watching – you could put together a fun drinking game. This way, each player has to take a sip of a drink when a character performs a certain task or action. Here is an excellent database of fun examples to get you started.
- Challenge yourself to try something new every day – whether this means cooking something new in the kitchen or exploring a hobby you have always wanted to try but never had the confidence to do so. The more variation you bring to your routine – the less bored you will feel. It could also open a great deal of doors for you in the future.